Saturday, September 3, 2011

Shower Time!




With our wedding quickly approaching, things are really starting to come into place. I've had my Bridal pictures taken, we've bought fabrics and papers and candles and picture frames, and our little apartment basically just looks like a wedding warehouse full of paper pompoms and other half-finished projects. One of the other things we have been treated to has been two bridal showers! We have been so fortunate to have some supportive friends, family members, and co-workers that have been so generous during this special time in our lives.






Our first shower was thrown a couple weeks ago by Tiffani's sister, Brandi at her home in Ogden. It was so nice to have Tiffani's family there and really be able to share in our excitement and happiness. Throughout our engagement, we have struggled with the "who supports us/who doesn't support us" issue. So it was really nice to have those there who do. It was really strange for both of us to have a get together that was for us exclusively. Being able to openly celebrate our love with our family was really an awesome (and new) experience for us.


Our second shower was also so much fun. My co-workers threw a joint wedding shower for Tiffani & me and my co-worker fellow bride Lacy. She is getting married to Jake just 5 days before our ceremony. Through this crazy time in our lives, it has been SO great to be able to share this all with Lace. We share our ideas. We share our stresses. We share our happiness and excitement. Through it all, I'm almost just as excited for Lacy to get married as I am to get married myself! Her and Jake share a love that is up there with what Tiff and I have - which is something rare. They are such a great couple and I'm so lucky to be able to share this experience with her.


The girls at my work have been so incredibly supportive. In the professional world, you kind of have to be careful not to step on any toes and to make sure you don't offend anyone. Of course, this is something Tiffani and I worry about a lot. But I'm so lucky. Everyone at my work is so supportive and just genuinely happy for us at this time in our lives.


Thank you EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment