Sunday, January 29, 2012

V-Day Wreath



Love is on the door..... errr, in the air.  Well, in this case, it's on the door.  A couple of months ago, I came across this cute Valentine's Day heart-shaped wreath, that looked easy and inexpensive enough that I could recreate it without too much difficulty.

It was really quite simple.  The hardest part, I'd say was cutting out the billions of red felt circles to cover the wreath form.  After about 7 episodes of Cake Boss, I had all the circles I needed - plus a bit of a hand cramp.



I haven't really done any other Valentine's Day crafting, but I am happy to say that I did finally get a festive wreath on the door.  I meant to make a holiday/winter wreath since the day after Thanksgiving, but it just didn't happen.

Who else decorates for Valentines?  Do you like V-Day?  In my experience, I've learned that people either love it or hate it.  I happen to be one of those who love it.

Tip Junkie handmade projects

4 comments:

  1. I happen to love V-day and your heart wreath is so worth the hand cramps! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel! I love coming home and looking at it on my door. A neighbor asked me where I bought it cause she loved it.... That's when a business card would've come in handy eh? haha

      Delete
  2. I found you on Tip Junkie. Would you please share this with my readers for our Fun Stuff Fridays Valentine's Linky Party? I think it would be a great fit. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsi for the invitation to link up my wreath project! I wish I could take all the credit, but I was inspired by Pinterest. I also linked up my Cake Pops from my cooking site, Mama Hen's Kitchen.

      Delete