Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Back to Journelling

Welp, you can say it's been awhile since I have been around this neck of the woods. All my efforts have been over at HappyFoodHealthyLife. I have made the decision that I need to be better at actual JOURNALLING. I really don't write a whole lot about my personal life over at HFHL. Over there, I have to worry about SEO, technical things, pleasing my readers, etc etc. That's all fine and dandy, but sometimes I wonder: Shouldn't I be documenting my life story somewhere? I need to get back to that. In a no pressure way. Maybe it'll be every day (although I highly doubt that), or maybe it'll be once a month. Either way, changes are happening in our lives, and it is time to put it all down on paper.


So where are we now?

Xander is just about to finish kindergarten at Fremont Elementary school, and I couldn't be more excited for summer to start. Things have changed for Xander this year. He's gotten more attitude. He's learned how to lie. He's learned about taking cool things, like toys and candy, to school in order to impress his friends. All while frustrating Tiff and myself in the meantime. This summer, Xander will be spending more time at his dad's house, and we will get to have him on the weekends. That will be such a welcome change for us for a few reasons. One: we're honestly really burnt out on all the lieing and disobeying. Two: We get to be the fun weekend parents! Three: Tiff and I really need some time for ourselves as we prepare for a new and exciting time in our lives together.

And what a perfect segway...

We have decided to expand our family, and we couldn't be more excited!! We have just barely started the process of IVF (in-vitro fertilization), which is scary, expensive, and really quite surreal. We are going about this conception in the most complicated way possible. We are using Tiff's egg and an anonymous donor, and I will be carrying the baby. Things are still at a pretty early stage, but we start hormone injections in the next month or so, and we're hoping to be pregnant in July, which would make for an April 2014 baby. EEK! Less than a year from now, we could have a real live baby! And I know I've been a Mama to a newborn before, but it's been almost 7 years, and I'm scared to death of that whole first year. It did not come easy for me. But I'm also a very different person now with a very different (ie, more involved) spouse. We couldn't be more excited for this new journey in our lives, and I can't wait to record it all here.

I guess that mostly sums up the big things going on for us. I’m working hard at trying to build my blog, Tiff got a great promotion at work, and we’re just trying to make it through day in and day out. Summer is right around the corner, and we have some fun plans in the works. Hopefully, this will be a more regular thing, as I document our new and upcoming journies.

No comments:

Post a Comment