Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wheeler Farm Pumpkin Days




Tuesday night was such a fun evening for my little family! After a yummy chili dinner (which I'll be blogging about soon), we got all bundled up and headed down to Wheeler Farm for their Halloween festivities. During the summer, Xander's preschool took a field trip to Wheeler Farm to see all the animals. I remembered he loved it, and although we wouldn't be seeing any animals this time, I knew he'd enjoy everything else they had to offer.

As soon as we got there, the first thing we had to do was attempt the hay maze. Xander loves working on mazes in his workbooks, so I figured this would be right up his alley, and I was right. He hit lots of dead-ends, but he didn't get discouraged - he loved the challenge of finding his way through the maze. It was so fun that we did it twice! Tiffani and I even had a fun time skipping and dancing through the maze with Xander. I love that I can be my silly goofy self with my two favorite people in the world.



After the hay maze, we headed over to the wagon ride. It was pretty chilly so we snuggled close to stay warm. There weren't any animals or anything to see, but there were a lot of lights and a few Halloween decorations.

Once the rickety wagon ride was through, we headed back over to the pumpkin patch to find the perfect pumpkin to soon become a good ole' Jack! There were so many to choose from, but in the end all 3 of us found one that suited us the best.


After we were all finished and ready to head back home, we had a yummy fall treat waiting at home for us! We were all cold, so we had decided on some hot chocolate, and then on top of that, the pumpkin frozen yogurt we made the night before, was all ready to eat! I know, a little ironic to be eating an icy treat while trying to warm up... but hey, it sounded good to us! and it was! I wish I had gotten a picture of us eating our treats, but I'm pretty sure were all to busy gobbling up the goodness to even think about it.
All in all, it was such a fun night. Most nights, it's the same old routine. Have dinner, get some things done around the house, get Xander ready for bed, get myself ready for bed, be lazy for a little bit, and then go to bed as late as physically possible. So to have it switched up a little bit for a change was really good for us I think. I couldn't do it every night, and it was definitely thanks to my crock-pot because the chili was all ready for eating by the time I got home from work. I'm so happy to not be so tied down and busy with wedding planning! We can do more things on a whim and spend a lot more quality time together. That is what family is all about, and I love my little family and every minute I get to spend with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment