Sunday, November 27, 2011

Counting Down the Days Advent

I am so excited to show you one of my favorite crafts I have made this year for the holidays. Last weekend, it was a full on girls weekend of scrapbooking and crafting. It was my mom, sister, sister-in-law, and niece. There was one exception to the No Boys Allowed rule though.... three month old Preston got to come along, which was totally fine with me. We got to bond a couple of times :)
Anyway, I worked on some thank-you notes and a little scrapbook that I got years ago. But my favorite project of the weekend was this cute little Advent calendar! I saw it about a month ago on Pinterest and knew right away that I would be making one for my family.
Having a 5 year old, I know that his concept of time is a bit skewed. Kids wake up wondering, 'is Christmas TODAY?!' or 'Is Christmas the day after the next day and then 2 days after that and then I go to sleep and THEN it's Christmas?' So then you make those chain count-down thingies, and although they do serve the purpose, they're just not nearly as cute! And they're also done after you use them. Paper being thrown away, and you have to make a new one next year. So I gave it a try, and it was so much fun! From picking out the papers to coming up with the best way to lay out the numbers. I had a great time creating it, and starting December 1st, we're going to have a great time counting down the days till Santa gets here!



No comments:

Post a Comment